Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Iron Man Bluetooth Speaker

    Just like many people I own a few Bluetooth speakers, some are just ok some really good and some awesome. I came across this speaker while looking on the GearBest website. Yes it looks like Iron Man and the price was pretty low. At the time of me writing this review it was priced at $12.38. It does come in different colors I choose the black but it does come in white, red and blue. Delivery time for me was about three weeks, give or take a day, so not too bad on that. This speaker definately looks really cool, you can move the arms at the shoulder(up and down) and the head moves left to right but is limited.
   The C-89 Iron Man speaker has a non removable rechargeable 1000 mA battery, charge time for me took about 2.5 hours and playback time was around four hours, just remember playback time will vary depending on how loud you turn the speaker up, more volume means more power used!! THe audio quality was good but not the best I have heard. The highs are really dominant, the louder you turn up the speaker the more dominant the high end. The mid range is there but not strong enough to help cut through the high end, and the bass, well it is almost non existent, it is there but really low, what would have helped with the bass response is a passive port on the back of the head where the speaker resides, the port could have had a grill on it to help hide it and that might have had given this speaker a better sound to it.
    You get a charging cable with the speaker it is nineteen inches long. It also is a Y type cable, on one end is the male USB plug and on the other is a MINI USB (not micro) and a 3.5mm male plug. I would have liked to had a longer cable, 24 inches, but that is not a deal breaker. On the back there is a power switch(a slider type) a USB port, for charging a device, the AUX port, micro SD card slot and finally the MINI USB port to charge the speaker. I did not recieve any instructions with my speaker so I had to figure out how to use it on my own, that took maybe two minutes. After you turn the speaker on you hear a little tune and then "BlueTooth Mode" the eyes flash blue and a LED light in his chest slowly changes colors.
    Now the chest light is also the mode button, hold it in and you will hear "FM mode" followed by static, hold the button in again and you will hear "AUX Mode" . In the FM and AUX mode the C-89's eyes stay a constant blue and the chest light continues to slowly change color. You will see a white accent to the left and right of the chest light, these are the volume, scan ans track buttons, they do not light up. Just under the chest light there is a small pin hole, that is the microphone to take or make calls with. I have not tried to make a call mainly because of how the audio is on this speaker. For what I paid I really like this speaker, it looks really cool and the audio is good, not horrible but good. The price is about right as well, you cannot go wrong for $12.38.





1 comment:

  1. Hi, I couldn't play mp3 from usb flash disk. Do you have an idea?

    ReplyDelete