Monday, June 20, 2016

Kamisafe KM-8014A flashlight

The Kamisafe KM-8014A flashlight is one of the best lights I have owned. It feels comfortable in the hand, and despite the large head of the light it is very well balanced. The power rating is 3 watts and a voltage rating of 3.7 volts. The Kamisafe flashlight uses one 18650 Li-Ion rechargeable battery, it is not included but you can get them easily on either Amazon or Ebay, heck you can get them from Sears online as well, just do a search and you will see plenty of places to buy a 18650 battery. The rubber O-ring on the back cap is excellent quality, the light has an IP-X 6 rating, which means it will withstand a mild rain to a down pour, I would not suggest submerging the Kamisafe flashlight for any length of time, if you accidentally drop it in water it should be fine as long as you get it put quickly, that really goes for anything with an IP-X 6 rating.
I found that the tail switch has a nice sturdy click to it when you turn it on and off, there is plenty of travel in the switch to do the half press to switch between modes. There are five modes in the Kamisafe KM-8014A light, High, Medium, Low, Strobe and SOS. Simply turn on the light and half press the switch through the modes until you reach the desired one. The wrist strap is quite comfortable, wide and strong. I have large hands and the loop slipped easily over it, while on my wrist I felt pretty confident that the strap would not slip off my hand. This light projects quite far and is really bright, it also has a halo around the center spot, which is nice because you can see more of the surrounding area without having to move the light off of your subject or direction that you are going to.
I cover more of the light in my video, the specifications and I show you the different modes, all outside and in the dark, well as dark as it gets here in the city. Overall the Kamisafe KM-8014A flashlight is a tough, well built and powerful light, it is great to have in your car, bug out bag, tool box, every day carry(EDC), even just in your house in case the power goes out. The only improvement that I can suggest is that the light have a memory built in to remember what setting you were on when you turned it off, that would be nice but not having that is NOT a deal breaker. I highly recommend you get this light, you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment