Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Kamisafe KM-9003 Compact LED Tactical Flashlight

Over the years I have had(and still do) many flashlights, all different sizes and shapes, each one has its own merits but the Kamisafe KM-9003 Compact LED Tactical Flashlight stands out. The flash light is 5 1/4 long and at its widest it is 1 1/8 inches and is made out of an aluminum alloy with a premium type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish. The reflector is smooth not the orange peel type, the glass is crystal clear, I did not see any deformations, bubbles, specks or any other imperfections, Kamisafe also coated the glass with an anti- reflective coating which is a nice touch.
The is a bit top heavy without the 18650 battery, but when you put the battery in the light feels quite balanced in the hand. It has a nice solid feel in the hand, does not feel cheap or loose. There is five modes in the Kamisafe KM-9003 Compact LED Tactical Flashlight, High, Medium, Low, Strobe ans SOS. To operate the light simple press the on/off button on the back of the light, to switch between modes just half press the button until you reach the desired mode you want At its brightest the Kamisafe KM-9003 Flashlight puts out 225 lumens and throws a beam to 300 meters. since I do not have a light meter I am guessing that the medium setting is about 100 lumens and the low looks to be around 25 lumens, the strobe and SOS settings are on full 225 lumens.
The Kamisafe KM-9003 Flashlight also has a waterporoof rating of IPX-6, while I would not submerge the light I tested it with a garden hose. I sprayed it for a few minutes and it was still working, so if you are out in the rain this flashlight will will work with not problems. Now I dropped this light from three feet to see how rugged it is, the Kamisafe KM-9003 Flashlight held up, yes there are some dings, dents and scratched paint but the light works just fine. I do not recommend that you drop your light, but if you want to that is totally up to you. The light takes one 18650 Li-ion battery, you can get these on Amazon, Ebay or sporting good stores.
To test if the Kamisafe KM-9003 Flashlight gets hot, I put in a freshly charged 18650 battery and left the light on for nine hours straight, at no time did the Kamisafe KM-9003 Flashlight get hot, it really did not get warm either. One thing that I really like about this light is it has a nice focused dot of light in the center but it also has a bit of flood light action surrounding the dot of focused light, which is real nice because it lets you see more of the surrounds around the focus point, some lights like this do not do that. The wrist strap is the perfect length, and the loop is big enough to fit around someone with big hands, it feels comfortable around the wrist without feeling to loose or tight.
The Kamisafe KM-9003 Flashlight impressed me with its brightness, build quality, performance and feel. This is my new EDC (Every Day Carry) flashlight. I believe that for the price the Kamisafe KM-9003 Flashlight is one heck of a deal, after you try it I believe that you will get another one.






3 comments:

  1. What a great post. I’m really like it! Very, very dgdeeac good!

    Bright LED Tactical Flashlights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, please subscribe to my YouTube channel..... www.YouTube.com/darrengator

      Delete
  2. Gearbest does sell some excellent items you might want to check out Banggood as well, I have bought many items from both and I have no complaints. Thanks for stopping by, please subscribe to my YouTube channel..... www.YouTube.com/darrengator

    ReplyDelete