Monday, September 12, 2016

AUKEY EP-B4 Sport Earphones

Choosing a set of earphones for everyday usage, working out, sports or all the above can be a bit frustrating. First you have to make sure that they fit in your ears without falling out and that they are comfortable, secondly they have to have a great sound. The AUKEY EP-B4 sport earphones definitely have a great sound to them. For me the bass was a bit strong, though it did not muddy up the mix at all, the mid range was really smooth it cut through the mix really well and the vocals were crystal clear finally the treble was sharp and crisp, you can hear the cymbal hits and all the high notes easily. I did not hear any hissing, crackling or static with the AUKEY EP-B4 sport earphones, at maximum volume the earphones performed very well, no distortion, the mix pretty much stayed the same.
Now you do get three sets of ear tips and ear fins, so fitting the earphones may take sometime to get right but once you do you will be pleased. With my ears I used the medium ear tips and the large ear fins(see video), if it were not for the ear fins these earphones would have fallen out all the time. I found that the AUKEY EP-B4 sport earphones were very comfortable to wear. I kept them in for four hours and not once did I feel any discomfort. AUKEY claims 4.5 hours of playback time, I was able to get four hours out of them. The reason for this is because the earphones themselves are a bit quiet so I turned the volume up all the way on the earphones and used my phone(Lumia 640) to control the actual volume of the music. Honestly I have no problem with that, I figure the less time I touch the earphones the less chance of them slipping out or accidentally pushing a button.
The only true negative I can say about the AUKEY EP-B4 sport earphones is the USB cover is a pain to open. There is no tan on it to get your finger nail under to open the port. I used a box cutter with a thin blade to open the charging port. Once you get the port open charging took only two hours, connecting via Bluetooth was easy and I had a strong connection everytime I used the earphones. The distance I got via Bluetooth was 30 feet, then the signal started to degrade or simply cut out completely. When I made a few phone calls the receiver heard me just fine and I was able to hear them easily, so for me I had no problems taking or making calls. Overall the AUKEY EP-B4 sport earphones is an excellent set of earphones, just make sure you fit them properly, as you should with any brand of earphones. Despite the USB flap being a pain to get open I still highly recommend these earphones!

No comments:

Post a Comment