Saturday, February 27, 2016

Mpow Grip Flex

 The design of this mount is pretty basic, nothing fancy just a straight forward design. The materials used feel really sturdy, no cheap plastic here. The gooseneck is tight and a bit hard to bend but I like that, to me that means less vibration and less chance for sag. You will have some assembly when you take it out of the box, but nothing hard, the grip basically slips into place and it is a tight fit. Also included is a stabilizer with an adhesive strip on the bottom.
I mounted this I'm my windshield under not so perfect conditions, meaning my windshield was a bit dirty. I did this to see how well the suction mount gripped, well it has been a few weeks and it has not fallen off yet. I own a 2003 Jeep Liberty and I did not need the stabilizer at all(see picture below) but it is nice that MPow included it just incase your vehicle may need that support.
I used two different devices in my testing my Nokia Lumia 520 in a silicone case and my iPod Touch 5 in a silicone case. The spring clip held onto both devices without any problems. I even shook the mount vigorously and the spring clip held the devices in place with only minor slippage. I do not recommend that you do that but I was testing the strength of the spring. The clip is well padded so scratches will not be an issue, at times I did have to use two hands to remove the device from the mount as well as to place the device into the mount.
There is also a 360 degree ball swivel just behind the grip so you can adjust how you would like your device to sit. It is an easy twist to loosen and tighten mechanism and performs really well. Just for fun I bent the gooseneck while it was attached to my windshield and the suction cup held up, never once did it come off the glass. This mount is well built and works better than some other models I have owned.





No comments:

Post a Comment