Saturday, February 27, 2016

Mpow Magneto earphones

 I do like the design of the Mpow Magneto earphones, they are a bit big but aesthetically pleasing. You do get a charging cable made of high grade materials, different size ear tips, and different size stabilizers. The Magneto's is very simple to operate and pairing is a snap. On first use I only was able to get 7.5 hours of playback but with the second charge I did get the 8 hours of playback that Mpow claimed. The volume on the Magneto's is not that loud, you will have to rely on your device for that. What I did is press the volume button up button until I heard the beep to to let me know that the volume is maxed out and then pressed the down volume twice, for me that was my playback sweet spot.
I tested these on three devices my Apple iPod Touch 5, Nexus 7(2013) and my Nokia Lumia 520, each device paired quickly and had no problems during playback. The magnets in the earphones is a nice touch, when you stick both "buds" together the music pauses and when you pull them apart they resume the song where you paused it at. Unfortunately they do weigh down the Magneto's and they kept falling out of my ears, even with the stabilizers attached. The stabilizers when attached feel quite comfortable and are easy to attach.
The audio performance of the Magneto was a bit of a let down. The highs came on strong, pretty much over powered the mids, basically it sounded "tinny". The mids were barely there, vocals were clear, but the high end washed out the rest of the mids. The low end(bass) was lacking, even though you can hear the bass responses it sounded dry, even if the song was bass heavy. Even when I changed the EQ settings on certain devices I could not get the sound the way I wanted the high end was just to strong. Remember this is my experience and yours may be different, everyones ears are different. I never experienced any distortion at full volume, the blue tooth range was about 30 feet and charge time was 2 hours(give or take a few miniutes).
Would I recommend the Mpow Magneto earphones? Well that depends on how you will be using them. For exercising no, just sitting and enjoying music yes, as a second pair of earphones yes. The high end is really what is holding these back from being a fantastic set of earphones. Get that fixed the Mpow Magneto earphones will be a winner for sure!






No comments:

Post a Comment