Sunday, February 28, 2016

Mpow Streambot

 When I got this Mpow Streambot to review I really did not have any high expectations. So I bought an iHome Dock(Model iP15) to test the Mpow Streambot. I used three different devices to pair up with the Mpow Streambot, my Nexus 7(2013), iPod Touch 5 and my Nokia Lumia 520 all devices had no problem pairing with the Mpow Streambot. There was no hissing, crackling or noise when I paused a device or while no device was paired. Bluetooth range was about 30-31 feet, and the audio was clean and clear, the Mpow Streambot did not "color" the sound in anyway.
Now you have to remember that the device you are streaming from does have an effect on your music. Volume, EQ, Bluetooth range and any possible interference(noise). For example my Nokia is louder and has better EQ control than my iPod. The Mpow Streambot is small, and I really do mean small, it is 1 3/4 inches by 1 1/4 inches. Made from a high grade plastic it does feel well built in the hand. When you first dock the Mpow Streambot a blue and red light will flash in the upper right hand corner, that means it is waiting to pair, the light will be a steady blue when it is paired. This little device surprised me on how well it worked. I definitely recommend you buy this product if you have an older 30 pin iPhone dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment