Monday, February 29, 2016

Mpow Armor Bluetooth Speaker

When I bought this speaker I really did not know what to expect. A single speaker in a splash proof(not waterproof) case. Well I topped off then charge, paired it up and was quite surprised at the sound quality. Crisp and clear highs, punchy mids and the bass is what you would expect, solid not muddy at all. I tested this speaker with three different devices, a Nokia Lumia 520, Apple iPod touch 5 gen, and a Nexus 7(2013). Remember with any Bluetooth speaker the audio is different between devices, for example my Nokia was louder and had more bass in the audio than the iPod. All three devices paired easily with the speaker, Bluetooth range was about 28 feet, and the actual volume was pretty impressive.
By far my Nokia was the loudest followed by the Nexus 7 and lastly the iPod touch. This speaker is not something you would use for a tailgate party, house party or for something that you would need a high volume for. This speaker excels in small rooms or the garage. Even if you are taking a shower this speaker is plenty loud. It does have your normal buttons (skip, pause, play, etc.)and they give a nice firm click when pressing them. Now I counted 29 clicks from no sound to full volume and for me 16 - 20 is plenty loud for me. While at full volume on the speaker and each device I did not hear any distortion at all. This speaker held up to classical, swing, jazz, blues and heavy metal and it kept asking for more. As with all speakers battery life does depend on how loud you have the speaker turned up, when set at half volume(15-18 clicks from no volume) I got about 8 1/2 to 9 hours play time. The build quality is fantastic, I did drop it a few times from about 15 feet and it still works, yes there is some scuffs and scrapes. I did splash it by accident and nothing is wrong it still plays like it should. Honestly I love this little speaker, the only improvement I would suggest is a way to daisy chain another one to it.




2 comments:

  1. If you still have the manual, will you please post how to place in paring mode? or scan and email booklet as pdf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me. charger

    ReplyDelete