Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Mpow Super Bright 8 LED Solar Powered Wireless Security Light

 The Mpow Solar Light is small, it will fit in your hand. It is made of a good grade of plastic and does not feel cheap. The solar panel measures 1 3/4 by 3 1/2 and the surface area of the lights runs 1 1/2 by 2 1/2. The domed sensor is 1/2 inch. On the back of the unit MPow has installation instructions and a 4 position slider switch, Off, High mode, Dim and Sensor. High mode is when is gets dark the unit comes on, Dim mode is when it gets dark the unit comes on but not as bright until something sets off the sensor then it goes into bright mode, after no movement of 15 seconds the light goes back into dim mode, Sensor is even though it is dark out the light only goes on when the sensor is triggered.
To give this unit a good test I first charged the light indoors under a lamp for 8 hours since the battery is about 800-900 mah. After charging I mounted it, set it on high and when it got dark the light shined for 12 hours. Since it snowed and overcast sky the light had maybe 2 - 3 hours a day to charge and on high the light shined for about 4 - 4.5 hours, on Dim it ran about an hour longer and on Sensor the light is still charged, I do not have too many animals or people walking around my house, well where I have it mounted.
So far this light is holding up to the rain, snow and freezing temperatures. I cannot say what the Lumens is because I have no equipment to measure that, but is it a white light and I would easily compare it to a 25 watt light bulb. More than enough light to see what is going on and facial recognition. The light is easy to mount and MPow does include screws and anchors. So far I am impressed with the build quality and performance of this light. I am actually thinking of purchasing a few more to completely surround my house. One thing that you have to remember about the performance of ANY solar light it temperature, extreme heat and cold affects battery life, so some people may get better performance and some may not.




No comments:

Post a Comment