Sunday, March 6, 2016

Caseology CD Slot Universal Smartphone Car Mount

  I own a 2003 Jeep Liberty with a stock CD player, this mount fits fine in the slot and yes you can still play a CD with it installed. There is a little movement while driving but that is to be expected since it is attached to a CD player and not a dashboard. Also yes since this mount uses your CD slot the holder may interfere with your radio dials/buttons. This is a good solution to those who do not want a window/dash mounted phone holder. I have used this mount for 4 months now with an iPod touch 5 and a Nokia Lumia 520(in an armored case) I did not experience and problems at all. Neither Device slipped or fell out of the mount the springs are strong and held the devices securely. The only negative I can say is the springs are a bit too strong, you will need two hands to remove and place your phone into the holder, also one of the rubber pads that go into your CD player may come loose, mine did, but a dab of rubber glue fixed that problem.
   I like this mount from Caseology, I sometimes hate having my dash/windshield cluttered with a mount, sometimes it even gets in my field of view and that gets annoying. Having the option of using my CD slot to hold my phone is a nice thing to have, the Sun will not heat up your device, cleaning the windshield is easier and the mount is easier to remove and replace that the dash/windshield type. The draw backs are not all that bad, you have to remove the mount to change a CD and depending on your radio you will have to remove it to change channels, but honestly that is not a problem for me.

3 comments:

  1. Instead of buying CD slot holders you should go for air vent holders and i may recommend you one WizGear Universal Air Vent Magnetic Phone Car Mount Holder Its the best i have ever used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. cell phone mount

    ReplyDelete
  3. We cherished around you'll obtain completed tipandroid.com the following.

    ReplyDelete