Monday, March 7, 2016

GOgroove Pal Bot

The GOgroove Pal Bot is a pretty cool speaker. To me it sounds like a flat response speaker, what that means is you have to use your devices EQ to zero in on a sound that you prefer. Now this is NOT a bad thing, most music will sound just fine, as a matter of fact I listen to jazz, the blues, heavy metal, classical and swing and honestly I have not used my EQ at all, the Pal Bot does have a nice sound to it with a decent amount of bass. It is made of plastic but does not feel cheap at all. The build quality it solid, no creaks or loose bits anywhere. As you can see the design is that of Google's Android, for a geek like me it is a fantastic design that any geek will love.
Now the Pal Bot is a WIRED speaker, some people may be put off by this but I am not, I like that it is wired, why? well battery life! Having Bluetooth will drain the battery and using bluetooth does affect the audio and the volume as well, true it may not be much but it does. Using a cable to connect to the speaker you are getting the best audio quality you can. You do get a USB to micro USB cable for charging, which takes about 2 hours and you get about 6 hours of playback time depending on the volume that you have the Pal Bot set at, lower volume equals longer playback time.
There is two 4 watt(rms) speakers totaling 8 watts, not loud enough for an outside party but definitely loud enough for your desk, night stand etc. The eyes are blue during normal operation and blink when you have about 30 minutes left of battery time. The eyes are purple when charging. The cable is retractable and is located on the back of the Pal Bot, the charging port is located in the slot where the retractable cable resides.
Not for the negatives about the Pal Bot. The cable is thin, wafer thin, I know that since it is retractable it has to be thin but I can easily see this cable wearing out, fraying or just breaking by the 3.5mm jack, on the same note the cable is only 24 inches long, I would have liked to have seen it atleast 36 inches long for better reach, a thicker cable would have been nice as well. The power switch is small as well, my clunky fingers cannot operate it that easily, I have to use my finger nail to turn it on or off. A push button would have been better or they could have located the slider switch on the bottom for easier usage. Other than those two points that is it. One great point to make is when you get the Pal Bot go to their website and register it for a 3 year limited warranty, when they ask for the model number put in GG-PAL-BOT, for some reason the model number is not on the box by the barcode as the site suggests, the same goes for the included instruction book you get, no model number.
I like the Pal Bot speaker, it produces good quality sound at a really good volume, looks really cool and pleasing to the eye, the build quality is fantastic, battery life is impressive and the glowing eyes are a brilliant touch. I would and have recommended this speaker to friends. One question you might be asking is "Is it worth the money? " yes I think that the Pal Bot is worth the money that I paid and I would recommend it to you if you are looking for a good quality speaker.


No comments:

Post a Comment