Friday, March 4, 2016

Mpow Wired Earphones

When I first got these I was not expecting much, I have a lot of ear phones some cheap and some "High end" expensive ones, most of them were either ok or just flat out dis appointing. I tried the MPow ear phones with four different devices, a laptop, my Nexus 7(2013), my iPod Touch 5th gen., and my Nokia Lumia 520. The music I used was everything from classical, jazz, blues, rock, swing and heavy metal. These ear phones delivered a truly enjoyable experience. The highs were crisp and sharp not tinny or piercing, the mid range packed a punch and held up nicely, the bass response was clean and clear no mud here. These MPow earphones reminded me of my studio monitor headphones, what I mean by that is a nice flat response, no extra bass, no "colored" effect at all, what I got was a clean sound, the way the musicians intended you to hear the music.
During my testing I turned the volume up all the way on every device and the distortion was extremely little to none. Lower volumes still produced crisp and clean audio without and cut outs or dropped tones. Vocals were also very clear and blended in the way they should. The sound from these ear phones were so clear you can hear fret hits and pick noise from the guitar player(in some songs). The build quality is of a premium build, flat wire which helps keep them tangle free, metal construction is solid and light weight, the silicon tips are very comfortable even after 4 hours of use. The angled jack is a plus, to me anyway, less chance of it breaking/splitting. Cable length is 47 inches which is long enough for your device to be in your pocket and still have enough "slack" to wear comfortably. I love the one button controller, one click to answer or end a call, two clicks to move the next song and three clicks will go to the previous song. The built in microphone for taking calls is clean and sharp no muffled voice or crackling. I am impressed with these earphones, the build quality is top notch and the audio can easily match the more expensive name brand kind. MPow can easily charge more for these and in my opinion it would be worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment