Monday, March 14, 2016

Mpow Magnetic 360°Free CD mount

   Having different mounting options for your device in your vehicle is something we all want. The Mpow Magnetic 360°Free mount is a great option for those who do not want a vent, cup holder, sticky gel, 3M tape or a suction cup mount. This mount utilizes your CD player slot. I own another mount similar to this one, it works but I do get vibration from it due to the spring loaded clamp design. Now the Mpow Magnetic 360°Free uses a screw design which enables you to tighten the clamp for a much secure fit. I have fount that with this design the vibration is almost gone. I can also play a CD while this mount is in the slot. In the box you will also get foam stick pads to help cushion the fit as well as add a bit more mass to fill in the slot, in my CD player I did not need them.
   You will also get some metal plates that have double sided 3M tape on them. There is a large plate(2.5 inch by 1 3/4 inch) and a small(1 1/4 by 1 inch). I have tried two devices my Microsoft Lumia 640 and my iPod Touch 5. With the 640 I took off the back cover and placed the plate inside with the iPod I placed the small plate under the gel case. I then proceeded to drive over potholes and speed bumps to see if the magnet will hold. To my delight the strong magnet in this mount was able to hold both devices securely, no slippage either. The mount is made of plastic, a high grade plastic that feels sturdy in the hand, the magnet is covered with a soft feeling rubber, the screw design has a metal screw and the hinge contains a metal pin.
   You must understand one important thing, if your device is in a case, depending upon the thickness of that case the magnet may not hold your device securely, my advice is to use the metal mounting plate on the outside of the case for maximum hold. Even the more expensive mounts like this will fail if the case is too thick. The only thing that I can suggest to make this product better would be to replace the foam pads with silicone rubber pads, foam pads tend to roll/fold up a bit too easy. So if you are looking for an alternative mounting option for your device then the Mpow Magnetic 360°Free is a good deal for the price.




No comments:

Post a Comment