Saturday, March 12, 2016

Mpow Cobble Bluetooth 4.0 Headset Wireless Earpiece

   The MPow Cobble is a very light weight device, you can almost forget that you are wearing it. Made of high grade plastic the device feels well built and sturdy in the hand. You get different sized silicone ear tips(small medium and large) and two rubber over the ear clips, so sizing should not be a problem. You also get a charging cable it is not that long but at least you do have one. Making and taking calls were easy simply press and go, I had no problems what so ever. Pairing the device to my Microsoft Lumia 640 was quick and I never had a drop in signal.
  The audio was crisp and clean, plenty of the high and mid range frequencies and the bass was there but a little low for my taste. As for the person I was calling they had no problem hearing me, they said my voice was clear and easy to hear. You can listen to music, podcasts, audio books etc. through this headset but do not expect the same sound quality as you would get from a good set of earphones, a device like this is really meant for making and taking calls. You get about 4 hours and 40 minutes of talk time, which for the price, size and weight of the device that is about right, yes there are other similar devices like this that have longer talk times but they are bigger, heavier and cost more.
   Bluetooth range, for me,  was 30 feet, that was on the table and me just walking around, when I placed the phone in a drawer of my dresser and closed the bedroom door the range dropped to 28 feet, for me that is not too bad. The device uses CVC6.0 digital noise reduction and it works like a dream, I was pleasantly surprised, no hiss, crackles or interference at all. To power the device on simply slide the switch to the on position, no holding a button down for a few seconds. The switch does feel tight and well made so I am confident that the switch will last a long time. Charging time for me was about 1 hour 20 minutes from drained to fully charged. When fitted properly the MPow Cobble stayed in my ear, it never slipped out fell or came loose. It was very comfortable to wear as well, I had no redness or pressure marks, it was so light I actually forgot I was wearing it. The only negative I can say about this device is the gloss finish, it is a fingerprint magnet and can be a bit slippery when handling it. For the price the MPow Cobble is an excellent deal.



1 comment:

  1. A nice looking little device. Not sure I like the name of it but a nice compact one for sure :)

    ReplyDelete