Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Mpow Antelope Bluetooth Headphones

    The Mpow Antelope Bluetooth Headphones are presented really nice in the box, you get a charging cable that is flat and 19 inches long, different sized ear tips and the instruction manual. The earphones feel really sturdy, no cheap plastic here, and have a matte finish with the Mpow logo nicely displayed. The cable has a nice spring to it and a rubberized feel to them. One thing that you will notice is a curve by each ear pod, these curves allow you to fit the earphones around your ear for a snug fit. I had no problems fitting these to my ears, they stayed in never loosened or popped out. Pairing theses to your device is simple the middle button is the power and pairing button. Simply press and hold the button, you will hear "Power On" keep holding the button until you hear "Pairing" then release the button and look for "Mpow Antelope" and you are on your way.
   There are two other buttons next to the power and those are volume control and track skipping, each one performed flawlessly, you will also notice a tactile click every time you press any of the buttons, I like that feature a lot. Charge time was about 1 hour 30 minutes for me and the run time I got was 7 hours and 35 minutes. Now you have to remember the louder you play your music the shorter the run time. Using the Antelope for taking calls was a breeze, the caller heard me crystal clear and I heard the caller clear as day. the blue tooth distance was average, the usual 30 feet and not once had I noticed any drop outs or fading. The noise cancellation was surprising, I expected a decent experience but Mpow really out did themselves, I thought that the noise cancellation was superb, only really loud noises made it through, like trucks passing by, fire engine, and a few car horns.
    Now for the part you really want to know. The sound quality was good, but not the best experience I have heard from Mpow. The highs are a bit too high they had that "tinny" sound and the higher the volume the highs became more ear piercing. The mids did have a punch, nice and clean and the bass was there, more of a flat response than a good sounding "thump". Still the reproduction of the music was good, you are able to pick out each instrument and vocals with ease, I just think Mpow should EQ these a bit better by lowering the highs a bit and raising the bass. The other thing I noticed it the cable connecting the two ear pods is a bit short, since I have a buzz cut they fit nice on my head, but if you have a lot of hair or really thick hair these might not be a great fit for your head. I do like these earphones, they fit me really nice and are quite comfortable, despite the lack of bass I have enjoyed using them and will continue to use them. Battery life is fantastic and the charge time is really great. The  Mpow Antelope Bluetooth Headphones, in my opinion, are worth the money.




2 comments: