Thursday, March 3, 2016

MPow Swallow Bluetooth earphones

 The design of these ear phones is simple and minimal, I personally like that. I tested these with three different devices, my Nokia Lumia 520, Nexus 7(2013) and my iPod touch 5th gen. The performance of the Swallow ear phones was very similar between each device, there were the obvious differences like, volume, tone and distortion,yes sometimes your device is to blame for the distortion you hear in your earphones/headphones. The MPow Swallow delivers excellent quality audio. The highs are smooth and clear, no harsh "tinny" sound, the mid tones packed a nice warm punch that did not sound muffled, the bass was very thick and responsive, not muddy at all, vocals stood out, never getting lost or distorted.
I had to really struggle to hear any distortion through these earphones. I cranked the volume up on every device, played songs from classical, swing, jazz, blues and even heavy metal but the earphones refused to distort. I would not suggest for anyone to listen to music that loud but I wanted to see how well they would hold up to a few hours of high volume. The MPow Swallow held up quite nicely. One the first charge I got only about 6 hours of playback, on the second charge I got 6.5 hours on the third a bit more. You have to keep in mind that playback time does vary on some factors like, how high is the volume on the earphones, how far away are you from the device and even temperature. Calls on the Swallow were very pleasant, crisp and clear, no drop outs or muffled voice. Charging them is easy on one earphone is the charging port, just flip it open, plug in the supplied cable and your charging. The flap is a bit stiff at first but it does loosen.
The cable length between the earphones is about 24 inches, the controller is a pleasure to use, very intuitive. The signal range is about 32 feet, of course there is factors that might lower that distance, walls, fluorescent lighting, other Bluetooth signals etc. but I have not had any problems with dropped signal actually I was able to get about 35 feet of signal. The flat cable does help with a tangle free operation, but if you are anything like me you will tangle these up. The build quality is top notch, definitely a premium product. I would highly recommend these to anyone. Buy them for yourself, give them as a gift they are worth the price.



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for watching! I am glad I was able to help, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/darrengator

      Delete
  2. No quiere prender, por favor cualquier ayuda enviar a: mamota12345@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you chearged it fully before turning it on?

      Delete
  3. No quiere prender, por favor cualquier ayuda enviar a: mamota12345@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete